I recently held a fun folds class for some women and boy did we have fun! It's amazing what can be done with a piece of paper, a scoring tool and a cutting tool! What looks complicated and intimidating can often be pretty easy when you understand the design and break it down into small steps. I thought you would like to see our examples! Here's the first one:
DOUBLE GATE FOLD CARD:
This is an easy but striking card because it is made with Designer Series Paper rather than cardstock. the reason for that is because both sides of the paper are seen and plain card stock would be boring!
1. Cut DSP or Card stock piece 12" x 5-1/2".
2. Score at 2", 4", 8" and 10"
3. On both 5-1/2" sides, make a small mark with pen or pencil at the halfway point which is
2-3/4" from either edge.
4. Cut on the diagonal from top of 4" and 8" score marks to the 2-3/4" marks on both sides. You are cutting off a triangle piece on each side of the card.
5. Glue the triangle pieces to front of the card, bottom corners.
6. Fold card along score lines and finish with stamping etc.
I think this would be gorgeous with Christmas or other holiday DSP paper and very pretty with some dark, contrasting colors on each side.
Check back tomorrow for more Fun Folds... they really are fun!