Big Sky Stampin' Papercrafting

I have been a crafter most of my life, starting in about 8th grade when I tried to embroider some frogs on a quilt, that I never finished! Although the list of what "I never finished" is long, and includes cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, quilting and more, my latest obsession is paper! I joined Stampin'Up! as an independent demonstrator in October 2011 and have been going like crazy ever since! I offer classes in my home, do catered card parties at your home and sell my cards locally in Bozeman, Montana and around the lovely Gallatin Valley. I would love to meet and talk to you if you are interested in the papercrafting hobby or just need some unique handmade cards for a special occasion!

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Inking with acrylic blocks

Hi Stampers!
I'm back today with another fun and easy inking technique.  I neglected to take any pictures of the process, but I think I can adequately describe it with words. It is not rocket science!  Here's my card:


I used some more subtle colors in this card, but I think you can see the blocks of ink on the background of this card. That was accomplished by taking an acrylic block with no stamp on it and tapping it on the ink pad directly. I then stamped on the paper. See, super easy.  I used 3 different sizes of acrylic blocks, the 3 smallest ones we sell, sizes A, B and G.  Both sheets of black and very vanilla Designer Series Paper are from a retired collection. I wanted the contrast to stand out so kept that part simple.  This isn't a fancy card and the point of it was to have my class practice stamping with an acrylic block and no stamp attached to it.

I think a bolder color scheme would make this style of stamping very dramatic. I may try it for some graduation cards with school colors used for my block stamping!

Hope you have a great Thursday...
Happy Stampin'!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment