Big Sky Stampin' Papercrafting

I have been a crafter most of my life, starting in about 8th grade when I tried to embroider some frogs on a quilt, that I never finished! Although the list of what "I never finished" is long, and includes cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, quilting and more, my latest obsession is paper! I joined Stampin'Up! as an independent demonstrator in October 2011 and have been going like crazy ever since! I offer classes in my home, do catered card parties at your home and sell my cards locally in Bozeman, Montana and around the lovely Gallatin Valley. I would love to meet and talk to you if you are interested in the papercrafting hobby or just need some unique handmade cards for a special occasion!

Monday, April 3, 2017

Inking Techniques Week!

Hi friends,
I wanted to share some cards and samples from an inking class I held last week. We had alot of fun with ink and some household items believe it or not!  We used bubble wrap, shaving cream, blue painter's tape, white felt and more. Sometimes crafting gets messy, but it is always fun!  I thought I would take a week and show you what we were up to.

The card I have today is one where we used rubber bands as our stamps. How?  By placing rubber bands on the acrylic blocks and using that as a stamp. Here's the card:


And here's how we created the stamp:


And here's some of the beginning stages of my stamping. You'll note the different widths of rubber bands make different stripes and also, I twisted some really long rubber bands on the block which created a cool ripple effect!


This is a great technique for a bold, graphic image. I'll be trying this again in the future! Meanwhile, I'm looking around my house for other "useful" ink delivery systems!

Have a great Monday!
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment